Fortis Consulting was established in 2007. Learning from his international experience Adrian Gurgone founded a specialist and flexible consultancy partnering with clients to help clients to build environments in which return on investment could be maximised.
Today, Fortis employs some 40 people and has a network of more than 400 offering a comprehensive range of services focused on diversity, capability development and creating an optimal culture to improve retention, morale, productivity and return on investment.
Our Leadership Group of senior leaders from around Australia provides clients with a depth of expertise and oversight for Fortis projects.
National Senior Team
Responsible for project direction and management on larger projects, specialist advice and quality assurance.
40 years of experience in education, training, stakeholder and community engagement.
Mary is a national leader in culture and social development in employment and volunteering roles. An important part of her work has been devoted to Aboriginal well being. Her public sector experience spans education, training, audit, evaluation and policy roles. Since joining Fortis Consulting in 2009, she managed the rapid growth, business diversification, partnership development and organisational change that led Fortis Consulting to be identified as one of the top 30 consulting businesses in WA (https://www.fortisconsulting.com.au/latest-news/fortis-consulting-debuts-in-book-of-lists-top-30).
In the Zonta Club of Perth, Mary has been a leader in the Kimberley based Aboriginal project which has achieved improved safety and employment outcomes for young people.
- Grad. Dip. in Bus. Admin. (Education)
- BA English and Italian
- Teacher’s Higher Cert.
- Interpreter and Translator (NAATI)
- Graudate AICD
- Cert. IV in Training & Assessment
Executive team leader responsible for organisational strategy and major clients.
20+ years of experience advising international clients with Deloitte and other top-tier firms in Australia, UK, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Adrian Gurgone is an experienced MBA Chartered and Accountant with significant experience in delivering value to boards and large organisations. In senior roles with Deloitte Consulting and other top-tier consulting firms, he has advised multinational and mid-cap organisations across a variety of industries globally.
His expertise encompasses financial, economic and business analysis, risk management and corporate governance. Adrian has also assisted several boards both in Australia and overseas in improving organisational performance and in capital allocation decision-making.
- Master of Accounting (with Distinction) and Chartered Accountant
- Master of Business Administration (with Distinction and Scholarship Winner)
- Graduate Australian Institute of COmpany Directors Course
- Graduate Diploma in Business (with Distinction)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & English
Member of Order of Australia (AM)
Director, Greg Martin Transport Strategies
BE(Hons), BCom (UWA), MS (UC Berkeley)
Grad Dipl Urban Systems (Swinburne COT)
Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
Honorary Fellow, Engineers Australia.
Chairperson, Finance and Audit Committee, Community Vision Inc
Business Manager, School of Economics & Finance, Curtin University
M Comm Accounting, CPA,
Postgrad Dip Business in Accounting,
B Comm Accounting,
BA (Hons) German
Yvonne is a highly qualified and experienced corporate / operations strategist and governance professional (AGIA).
Yvonne is experienced across a large cross sector of industries and organisations, providing high level commercial, strategic and technical advice to a wide range of stakeholders.
With a background in Disability Services and Mental Health Yvonne has extensive experience in managing complex health concerns and her Operational Management experience has enabled Community Vision to expand its digital offering to consumers.
National Senior Developer and Trainer
Responsible for the development and implementation of change management training.
10+ years of experience in developing and delivering cultural diversity training for the services sector in New Zealand and Australia.
Design, deliver, facilitate and evaluate training courses for several large public and private sector clients.
Develop tailored course materials, curriculum and other related documents including all those required by AQTF.
Conduct and manage Training Needs Analyses and other related training analyses.
Preparation of a range of reports and papers for publication.
Effective liaison skills being able to communicate with all levels of organisations.
Robust problem solving skills enabling analysis of complex situations leading to innovative initiatives and solutions.
Strong training/facilitation skills with an emphasis on participatory style, clarity and conciseness.
Current knowledge of quality management systems including ISO 9001, the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) and the UK Investors in People Standard
- Diploma in Teaching (completed in New Zealand).
- 1991 Diploma in Business Studies (completed in New Zealand).
- 1981 Certificate in Business Studies (completed in New Zealand).
- 2011 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (Completed in Australia).
Provides support and leadership to our clients; project and resource.
16+ years of experience in developing and delivering leadership and organisation culture programs in the UK & Australia.
Kelli has come with a long history of supporting organisations in developing individual and collective capacity and capability. She supported the development of skills, leadership and organisational culture programs across the public sector in the UK for over 16 years before settling in Perth. Most recently, as a Manager of People and Performance within the Aged Care Sector, Kelli brings an understanding of the need to be adaptable in changing environment as well as the skills and experience of supporting project delivery on a small and large scale.
- Fellow Member of Australian Human Resource Institute (FAHRI)
- Fellow Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Development
- Advanced Diploma in Executive Coaching
- Organisational Member of the Association For Coaching, UK
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Licensed in Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Action Learning for Leadership and Organisational Development Level 7
- Licensed in Real World Group 360 Degree Feedback Tools including
- Transformational Leadership Questionnaire (TLQ)
Network Leadership Group
Associate Professor Alex Main
Specialist in Community and stakeholder engagement and workforce development.
As an Honorary Research Fellow Alex’s skills and experience encompass two broad areas: cultural adaptation, and the design and evaluation of training. In recent years Alex acted as a consultant to the team involved in the National Competency Tool Project, and previous to that he was the Director of Educational Services and Teaching Resources at Murdoch University.
He currently contributes to undergraduate teaching in Community and Cultural Psychology, and postgraduate training in Counselling at Murdoch University.
- Master of Arts,
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Murdoch University
- University of Strathclyde
- Metropolitan Police London
Specialist in project management, project economics and evaluation, identifying solutions with a high ROI.
Alvin offers 20 years’ experience across a number of successful projects in the resources, energy and management consulting sectors working across Australia.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Project managers
- Member of the Cost Engineering Society (QLD)
- Member of the association of Advanced Cost Engineering International.
- Senex Energy
- Rio Tinto
- Worley Parsons
Specialising in community development, stakeholder engagement and workforce development.
Linda has more than 16 years’ experience in the health industry with clinical nursing roles specialising in critical care delivery, staff development and counselling. Linda’s effective leadership and management skills enable her to support and motivate diverse teams in sensitive environments. Due to her experience Linda has a clear understanding of government issues, however she also ability to engage with a range of public and private sector stakeholders to develop practical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Diploma of Nursing, Certificate IV Assessment & Workplace Training
- Certificate in Public Sector Management
- Master of Public Administration
- WA Department of the Attorney General
- Department of Corrective Services
- WA Public Sector Commission
- WA Disability Services Commission
- The Big Issue Australia
Specialising in strategy, leadership and performance.
Patrick has a mental health background with over a decade’s experience as a clinical director and Executive Director of large multifaceted organisations proving specialist, diverse and complex services. During the course of his career Patrick has been involved in the establishment of the first Child Sexual Abuse Assessment and Treatment service in WA and pioneered the implementation of family and systems therapy training in specialist child and adolescent mental health services.
Holistic leadership, vision, innovation, reofrm management and effective staff engagement have served as both the key drivers and success factors throughout the course of his career. Maximising stakeholder engagement and involvement across all projects and initiatives spanning the ministerial, sectorial, staff and end-user levels is central to Patrick’s leadership, strategy and performance assessment approach.
- BA Psychology & Anthropology, University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Western Australia
- Master of Business Administration, University of Western Australia
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Specialising in community, public services and organisational development.
Angela is a Noongar yok with connections to Yued, Ballardong, Gnaala Karla Booja and Wagpyl Kaip Aboriginal communities. Angela is an active member within the Aboriginal and broader communities and professional public sector – offering a wealth of expertise in the areas of Aboriginal community consultation, cultural awareness, social and emotional wellbeing, governance, community development, training (family violence, lateral violence, grief and loss) and social services to create more effective organisations, build stronger communities and promote equality and opportunity.
- Bachelor of Commerce (HRM & Industrial Relations)
- Aboriginal Leadership and Frontline Management
- Miya Kaadajiny Learning Sanctuary
- University of WA
- Langford Aboriginal Association Inc
Specialising in organisational development, community and stakeholder engagement, workforce development.
John is an experienced professional, with skills and achievements across a wide range of sectors and agencies including water policy, natural resource management, forestry policy and planning, environmental impact, Indigenous policy and stakeholder management, and industry and trade development.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Economics
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
- Strickland Park Economics
- Department of Parks and Wildlife
- WA Department of Water
- Department of Agriculture and Food
Specialising in organisational development.
Jaine is a highly experienced HR practitioner, executive coach and trainer. She has worked in three countries, in many industries and has held global responsibilities for much of her career. She resides in Perth, WA and runs her HR practice servicing many industries with businesses at national and international levels.
- Post Graduate Degree Human Resources – Kingston University Business School
- HND Hotel
- Catering & Institutional Management -Blackpool & The Fylde College of Further
- Certified Professional Australian Human Resources Institute (CAHRI)
- Cebas Pty Ltd (Ikea)
- Leisure & Allied Industries
- British Airways Plc
Specialises in community and stakeholder engagement and strategy development, project management and project design.
Leanne has extensive experience working across a range of industries.
- Bachelor Engineering (Civil with Hon)
- Executive MBA
- Urban Aesthetics
- Port of Melbourne
- APP Corporation – Urban Development WA
- Silver Chain Nursing Association
For 19 years, Dr Wright was the Senior Clinical Psychologist with WA’s Transcultural Mental Health Service where she developed an understanding of the inter-relationship of mental health and cultural issue for migrants and refugees.
Dr Wright’s career in the statewide Transcultural Mental Health service was recognised locally and nationally as pioneering the transcultural mental health agenda for Western Australia. She received professional recognition with the Mental Health Good Outcomes Award in 2007 for innovation and excellence in WA Mental Health and the Health Consumers’ Council Health Professional Award for Outstanding Service in 2014.
Now in private practice as well as being one of the Associate Consultants of CrossCultural Intellect, Dr Wright’s work and activities encompass direct clinical service delivery, advice to government and community groups, and undertaking collaborative research and publications with various universities where she holds adjunct academic positions. She also continues to develop and deliver numerous training seminars and workshops to service providers and ethnoculturally diverse groups on various aspects of culture and mental health. Dr Wright’s comprehensive range of resource development initiatives have, and continue to target the improvement of mental health literacy among ethnoculturally diverse groups and facilitating the transcultural process between the practitioner and consumer, their carer(s) and family.
Australian Capital Territory
Specialities include research, evaluation and policy analysis
Susan Garner is an experienced policy analyst, researcher and evaluator. Her career includes consultancy, policy, managerial and research roles. She has worked in the public, private and university sectors with over 25 years of experience in areas including health and ageing, welfare, environment, education and social and human services.
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry/Microbiology)
- Department of Health and Ageing
- Department of Families, Housing, Communities and Indigenous Affairs
- Australian Communication and Media Authority
- Intellectual Property (IP) Australia
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Department of Environment, Water, Energy and the Arts
Specialises in organisational development
Lana Johnson is an accomplished Strategic Planning and Organisational Change Manager, with more than fifteen years’ experience across the complimentary disciplines of Corporate Strategic Planning, Organisational Change Management, Business Performance Management and Human Resource Management. Lana works to achieve measurable improvements in teams and organisations through the use of proven tools and techniques, with her Board experience and MBA qualification enabling her to work across organisations and service clients at all levels.
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Certificate IV in Human Resources Operations
- Master of Business Administration
- Change Management Certification
- OrgMent Business Solutions
- CBH Group
- Edith Cowan University
Specialities include community, social work and mental health.